-
Starc bags 10 as Australia thrash Bangladesh in second Test
-
Thousands expected at Sweden climate demo as election looms
-
Starc heroics see Australia thrash Bangladesh in second Test
-
Starc heroics put Australia on brink of victory over Bangladesh
-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to book Cincy final against Gauff
-
Austrian mountain town finds niche in AI boom
-
South Korean survivor fights for workplace harassment 'justice'
-
Messi scores but Miami slump continues with loss to Toronto
-
Starc strikes as Bangladesh struggle to stay alive in 2nd Test
-
Sydney marathon unveils medal with wrong stadium
-
Prince Harry: royal misfit making unlikely UK return
-
Macron hosts Saudi's MBS for visit ranging from esports to Mideast
-
Blowing in the wind, humble balloon gets green makeover
-
Australia in control with 146-run first innings lead over Bangladesh
-
Pegula dethrones Swiatek to reach Cincinnati final
-
World No. 3 Pegula beats defending champ Swiatek to reach Cincy final
-
IndyCars zip among iconic Washington landmarks ahead of Freedom 250
-
Wyndham Clark surges clear at BMW Championship
-
Real Madrid snatch late win at Espanyol on Mourinho's return
-
Maresca says Man City must fill Rodri void after Barca switch
-
Real Madrid beat Espanyol in Mourinho's first game on return
-
Canada retaliates as trade war with US escalates
-
Olise helps Bayern past Dortmund in German Supercup
-
Fils dominates Cobolli to book Cincinnati final
-
Coach Rennie hails clinical All Blacks after Springboks Test win
-
Spurs lacked fight in dismal defeat at Brentford says De Zerbi
-
Charlton deliver blow to 'under pressure' Hammers boss Nuno
-
Inter thrash Monza to launch Serie A title defence
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, big-spending Spurs crushed
-
Shambolic Spurs battered by Brentford
-
Canada's Carney stands up to Trump, despite risks
-
Pogacar wins Vuelta a Espana opening stage
-
Lens hammer Auxerre thanks to Thauvin penalty double
-
Clinical New Zealand shock wasteful South Africa in first Test
-
No singles for Serena, but she joins Alcaraz for US Open
-
Canada hits back with new tariffs after trade talks with US fail
-
Joao Pedro extends Chelsea stay with new long-term deal
-
Swedish police identify 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Yamaguchi to face An in hunt for fourth badminton world crown
-
Carrick keeps calm despite Man Utd misery, Sage beaten in first game as Palace boss
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch GP
-
France to deliver interceptor missiles to Ukraine after new Russian strikes
-
Norris clinches pole for Dutch Grand Prix
-
Serena Williams and Alcaraz unite in US Open mixed doubles
-
Pope Leo calls for courage in Rimini visit after stop in tiny San Marino
-
Macron pledges air defence as 13 killed in Russia, Ukraine strikes
-
Man Utd must learn from 'frustrating' defeat at Hull: Carrick
-
DR Congo capital wary of Ebola nightmare
-
Yamaguchi on course for fourth badminton world crown
-
Swedish police name 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
La Liga complaint to UEFA over Mbappe deal ready, says Tebas
La Liga president Javier Tebas said on Tuesday the Spanish league will send its formal complaint to UEFA in “one or two days” regarding Kylian Mbappe’s new contract at Paris Saint-Germain.
Tebas said it was “impossible there has not been cheating”, referring to UEFA's financial fair play rules, and that La Liga "is not going to allow a European club to destroy the ecosystem of European football."
Mbappe rejected Real Madrid to sign a new three-year deal at PSG last week, prompting Tebas to say the agreement was an “insult to football” given the French club’s financial losses.
PSG suffered a 224.3-million-euro ($240m) loss in 2020/21, an increase of 80 percent on the previous year, the annual report from French football's financial authority (DNCG) said earlier this month.
"The complaint that we will present to UEFA is already drafted and in the review phase," Tebas said in Madrid, adding that it would be sent "in one or two days".
La Liga introduced a system of strict spending restrictions in 2013, which include budgets being imposed on every Spanish club depending on their financial situation.
La Liga insist the controls increase the competitive balance of the league and encourage clubs to adopt longer-term approaches to spending.
"We are not going to allow a European club to destroy the ecosystem of European football,” said Tebas.
"Deep down, it doesn't matter to us who the owner is, whether it’s a state or not, the problem is the attitude of the owner because there is no limit, the losses don't matter, they spend as much money as they want, they cheat with sponsorships linked to the state... that's the problem.”
UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin said in an interview with AFP in Paris on Friday he rejected La Liga’s criticism of Mbappe’s new deal.
"I absolutely don't agree. There are too many insults anyway in football, and I think that every league should worry about their own situation,” Ceferin said.
"I don't think it is right that one league criticises the other league. As much as I know, the offer from Real for Mbappe was similar to PSG's offer," Ceferin added.
P.Sousa--PC