-
Kane nets double as Bundesliga leaders Bayern beat Frankfurt
-
Canada beat USA to take bronze in Olympic women's curling
-
Hunger and belief key to Ireland's win, says Sheehan
-
Pegula sees off Svitolina to win Dubai WTA 1000 title
-
Trump hikes US global tariff rate to 15%
-
AI revolution looms over Berlin film fest
-
Gibson-Park guides Ireland to record-breaking win in England
-
Defence the priority for France against Italy, says Dupont
-
Juventus end bad week with 2-0 loss against Como
-
Libya's Ramadan celebrations tempered by economic woes
-
Norway's cross-country king Klaebo wins sixth gold of Milan-Cortina Winter Olympics
-
Iranian students chant anti-government slogans, as US threats loom
-
Hezbollah vows resistance after deadly Israeli strike
-
'Stormy seas' of Gaza row overshadow Berlin film fest finale
-
Pakistan-New Zealand Super Eights clash delayed by rain
-
Werder Bremen cancel US tour citing 'political reasons'
-
South Africa's De Kock says handling pressure key in India clash
-
French volunteer bakes for Ukraine amid frosts and power outages
-
Mexico's Del Toro wins stage to take overall UAE Tour lead
-
Brook says a 'shame' if Pakistan players snubbed for Hundred
-
Gu shoots for elusive gold as Klaebo makes Olympic history
-
France win Olympic ski mountaineering mixed relay
-
Norway's Klaebo wins sixth gold of Milan-Cortina Winter Olympics
-
Global summit calls for 'secure, trustworthy and robust AI'
-
Macron urges 'calm' ahead of tense rally for slain far-right activist
-
Rain go away: Brook says England ready for Sri Lanka disruption
-
Impact of Israeli-Palestinian conflict plays out on screen in Berlin
-
Macron urges 'calm' ahead of rally for slain far-right activist
-
Venezuela grants amnesty to 379 political prisoners
-
Austria turns Hitler's home into a police station
-
Trump, once unstoppable, hits snag after snag ahead of major US address
-
Virus kills dozens of tigers in Thailand park
-
Timberwolves ace Edwards sends Mavericks to worst slump in decades
-
Tomb more than 1,000 years old found in Panama
-
France's Galthie lauds 'success story' Italy ahead of Six Nations clash
-
Brumbies confident of snapping 26-year Christchurch drought
-
Penge and Bridgeman share Riviera lead with McIlroy in hot pursuit
-
Australia blow as goalkeeper Micah ruled out of Women's Asian Cup
-
Brazil, India eye critical minerals deal as leaders meet
-
Political drama overshadows Berlin Film Festival finale
-
Battered by Gaza war, Israel's tech sector in recovery mode
-
Hurricanes rue injury to Super Rugby playmaker Cameron
-
Wallabies winger Jorgensen turns on magic for NSW Waratahs
-
Trump imposes 10% global tariff after stinging court rebuke
-
Floyd Mayweather to come out of retirement
-
Xbox boss Phil Spencer retires as Microsoft shakes up gaming unit
-
158 giant tortoises reintroduced to a Galapagos island
-
What's next after US Supreme Court tariff ruling?
-
Canada and USA to meet in ice hockey gold medal showdown at Winter Olympics
-
Jake Paul requires second jaw surgery after Joshua knockout
Man City back plea to reduce squad size: Guardiola
Pep Guardiola has revealed the Manchester City hierarchy support his desire to slash his underachieving squad next season regardless of their last-day bid to qualify for the Champions League.
The deposed champions head to Fulham on Sunday needing one point to be certain of avoiding a first season without Champions League action since 2010/11.
With the top five in the Premier League guaranteed to reach Europe's elite club competition, City are two points clear of sixth-placed Aston Villa with a vastly superior goal difference.
Defeat in London could spell disaster after their shock FA Cup final loss against Crystal Palace last week.
But whatever happens at Craven Cottage, City manager Guardiola is convinced he must work with a smaller group next season.
Speaking after Tuesday's win against Bournemouth, the City boss threatened to quit if he was unable to reduce the squad because it was "impossible for my soul" to make so many players unhappy by leaving them out.
But on Friday he played down his threat to resign and insisted he has the support of his employers to cut his squad.
"I was laughing when I said that," Guardiola said. "I'm not going to quit. But the expression is the same, I don't want players at home with their families when the team is playing.
"In the last three weeks, we had four, five or six players at home -- that is not healthy for any of us, for them especially, for me and the club.
"The club knows it and agrees with me. We will find a solution. Everyone has to have the chance to compete."
City started the season gunning for a fifth straight Premier League title but have been reduced to fighting for a Champions League berth.
But at the end of his first trophyless campaign since 2016/17, Guardiola is relieved his team have their Champions League fate in their own hands.
"It's been a really tough season," he said. "I knew it would come down to the last day in the 95th minute and I was not wrong."
The City boss has already decided to let midfielder Kevin De Bruyne leave when his contract expires at the end of the season and more changes are certain.
"I'm completely focused on Sunday and after the club will take the decisions they have to take," he said.
Guardiola also said he wants to help Phil Foden after the winger admitted he has struggled mentally this season.
Foden, left out of the England squad on Friday, has been hampered by an ankle injury, failing to recapture the form he showed last season, when he was voted by his fellow professionals as player of the year.
"We want to help him and that's the most important thing," said Guardiola.
"I don't care about his performance, I just want him to feel good because then the rest will come in an easy way."
L.Mesquita--PC