-
Crunch time for Real Madrid's Mbappe-Vinicius partnership
-
Rio Carnival parades kick off with divisive ode to Lula in election year
-
Nepal 'addicted' to the trade in its own people
-
Asian markets sluggish as Lunar New Year holiday looms
-
'Pure extortion': foreign workers face violence and exploitation in Croatia
-
Nepal launches campaigns for first post-uprising polls
-
What to know as South Korea ex-president Yoon faces insurrection verdict
-
'Train Dreams,' 'The Secret Agent' nab Spirit wins to boost Oscars campaigns
-
Rubio visits Trump's 'friend' Orban ahead of Hungary polls
-
Kim unveils housing block for North Korean troops killed aiding Russia: KCNA
-
Accused Bondi killer Naveed Akram appears in court by video link
-
Art and the deal: market slump pushes galleries to the Gulf
-
Job threats, rogue bots: five hot issues in AI
-
India hosts AI summit as safety concerns grow
-
'Make America Healthy' movement takes on Big Ag, in break with Republicans
-
Tech is thriving in New York. So are the rents
-
Young USA Stars beat Stripes in NBA All-Star tourney final
-
New anti-government chants in Tehran after giant rallies abroad: reports
-
'The Secret Agent' nabs Spirit Awards win in boost to Oscars campaign
-
Brignone wins second Milan-Cortina gold as Klaebo claims record ninth Olympic crown
-
Morikawa wins at Pebble Beach despite Scheffler heroics
-
Germany's Hase and Volodin tango to Olympic pairs figure skating lead
-
Rayo thrash Atletico who 'deserved to lose' as Betis cut gap
-
Napoli salvage point after Malen twice puts Roma ahead
-
Lyon down Nice to boost Ligue 1 title bid with 13th straight win
-
LeBron still unclear on NBA future: 'I have no idea'
-
Shelton battles back from brink to beat Fritz, take Dallas crown
-
Great Britain celebrate best-ever Winter Olympics
-
Brignone wins second Milan-Cortina gold as Klaebo claims record ninth
-
Arteta concerned over Arsenal's mounting injury list
-
In fuel-starved Cuba, the e-tricycle is king
-
Shaidorov still spinning after outshining Malinin for Olympic gold
-
Late Gruda goal grabs Leipzig draw versus Wolfsburg
-
'Ultra-left' blamed for youth's killing that shocked France
-
Canada wrap up perfect Olympic ice hockey preliminary campaign
-
Historical queer film 'Rose' shown at Berlin with call to action
-
Wales' Tandy tips hat to France after Six Nations hammering
-
Quadruple chasing Arsenal rout Wigan to reach FA Cup fifth round
-
2026 S-Class starry facelift
-
What they said as India beat Pakistan at T20 World Cup - reaction
-
Away-day blues: England count cost of Scotland Six Nations defeat
-
'Wuthering Heights' debuts atop North America box office
-
Rayo thrash Atletico who 'deserved to lose'
-
Kok beats Leerdam in Olympic rematch of Dutch speed skaters
-
India rout bitter rivals Pakistan by 61 runs at T20 World Cup
-
France run rampant to thrash sorry Wales 54-12 in Six Nations
-
Rio to kick off Carnival parade with ode to Lula in election year
-
Britain celebrate first-ever Olympic gold on snow after snowboard win
-
Third time lucky as De Minaur finally wins in Rotterdam
-
Leeds survive Birmingham scare to reach FA Cup fifth round
Isak told to train alone by Newcastle - reports
Alexander Isak's future at Newcastle hangs in the balance after the Swedish striker was reportedly told to train apart from the rest of the squad on Wednesday.
The 25-year-old has been linked with a British transfer record move to Liverpool after failing to feature in Newcastle's pre-season preparations.
Isak missed the Magpies' trip to Singapore and South Korea, citing a minor thigh injury, and instead flew to Spain to train at former club Real Sociedad.
He has since returned to Tyneside but Sky Sports reported that Isak was instructed to train after the rest of the squad had departed on Wednesday.
"You have to earn the right to train with us. We are Newcastle United," Howe told reporters earlier in pre-season.
"We will make sure that any player earns the right to train with the group. No player can expect to act poorly and train with the group as normal."
Liverpool have seen a £110 million ($146 million) bid for Isak rejected, according to reports, with Newcastle seeking closer to £150 million.
Another major hurdle to any deal is Newcastle's ongoing struggles to finalise a deal to replace Isak.
They face competition from Manchester United for RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Sesko after missing out on Joao Pedro, Hugo Ekitike and Liam Delap earlier in the window.
Liverpool have already splashed out over £250 million this window on Ekitike, Florian Wirtz, Milos Kerkez and Jeremie Frimpong.
However, they have also recouped major funds from the sales of Luis Diaz, Jarell Quansah, Caoimhin Kelleher, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Tyler Morton.
And Darwin Nunez is close to a £46 million move to Saudi side Al Hilal that would free up more resources and space in the squad for another bid to sign Isak.
Since joining Newcastle for £63 million in 2022, Isak has scored 62 times in 109 appearances, including the goal that secured the club's first domestic trophy for 70 years in the League Cup final against Liverpool in March.
C.Amaral--PC