-
Ex-Pakistan PM Khan taken back to jail after hospital checks: govt
-
'I'll adapt': First pregnant candidate navigates French presidential race
-
China, Indonesia hold talks on security, defence
-
Hong Kong convicts Tiananmen vigil activists of inciting subversion
-
Train to nowhere? South Korea's lonely push for peace with the North
-
The Hong Kong Tiananmen vigil activists convicted in national security trial
-
Australia's Hussey mulls role with England for Ashes series
-
Eel-powered Japan whizz-kid, 11, chases Asian Games history
-
Indian captain 'scapegoat' in Britain's Russia shadow fleet case, wife says
-
Asian markets extend rally as traders assess US Treasuries pledge
-
Rosenior seeks to match Paris FC's capital ambition as Ligue 1 returns
-
Barcelona enter new era as Flick targets La Liga hat-trick
-
Inter set for Serie A title defence as Milan get Amorim reboot
-
Pogacar favourite for Vuelta with Grand Tour treble in sight
-
'Greatest' Springboks face All Blacks in clash of juggernauts
-
Bangladesh coach Simmons wary of Australia backlash in second Test
-
William and Harry: Britain's warring royal brothers
-
Hong Kong Tiananmen activists to receive national security verdict
-
UN holds second informal poll for next leader
-
Who are the candidates vying to lead the UN?
-
In US mining hub, black lung rates soar
-
Swiatek into Cincinnati semis after Rybakina injury
-
Champions Arsenal embrace being 'hunted' as Premier League returns
-
University suspends academic behind Jason Arday plagiarism charges
-
World No.2 Rybakina retires from Cincinnati clash with Swiatek
-
Key European leaders demand Israel halt West Bank settlement project
-
'I heard you missed me': Melania Trump jokes about month out of spotlight
-
McIlroy bounces back to share BMW Championship lead
-
Amazon Prime Video to invest $2 bn in Latin America productions
-
Cobolli fueled by candy in sweet defeat of Paul
-
Panama Canal to reduce shipping over El Nino-fueled drought
-
Jailed Pakistan ex-PM Khan moved to hospital on court order: party
-
Maradona trial on hold over possible medical evidence mix-up
-
Pogacar eyes 'missing' piece ahead of Vuelta return
-
'Green dilemma': China's solar boom hurt birds, says study
-
US, Canada 'very close' to trade deal, Ottawa says, as details emerge
-
Pegula hangs on to dispatch Anisimova, reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
Ronaldinho returns in search of 'beautiful' 300th goal
-
US charges woman with IS-inspired plot to blow up New York State Capitol
-
US pushes allies, China to back Trump's economic war on Iran
-
What a record-breaking El Nino could mean for the world
-
Former NBA MVP Harden reportedly set to return to Cavaliers
-
Duplantis edges Karalis to win Lausanne Diamond League pole vault
-
Brook makes Pakistan pay for drop as England dominate first Test
-
Alcaraz to return for US Open title defence
-
MemeCore Arrives on Nasdaq Through $1 Billion Landmark Treasury Transaction
-
China's rapid solar expansion hurt bird diversity: study
-
First US deportees land in Liberia
-
President Paul Biya back in Cameroon after 73 days away
-
US, Canada resume talks to finalize trade deal as details emerge
Slot has 'every reason to believe' he will remain as Liverpool boss
Arne Slot dismissed speculation over his future as Liverpool manager on Thursday, despite a disappointing campaign, with the Dutchman already involved in planning for next season.
Liverpool sit fourth in the Premier League, 20 points adrift of leaders Arsenal, just a year on from winning the title in Slot's first season in charge.
The Reds splashed out a record £450 million ($609 million) on new players last summerm but that investment has so far reaped little reward.
Injuries to key players have hampered Slot all season, while the club has also had to come to terms with the death of Diogo Jota in a car accident in July.
"I don't think I am deciding that alone but I have every reason to believe I am the Liverpool manager next season," said Slot at his pre-match press conference ahead of Friday's trip to Aston Villa.
"First of all I am contracted to the club and second of all from all the talks we are having. That is my take on it."
A place in the top five will secure Champions League qualification and Liverpool have a four-point cushion over sixth-placed Bournemouth with two games to go.
But frustration towards Slot has been growing among the Anfield crowd over recent months.
There were loud boos at full-time of last weekend's 1-1 draw against struggling Chelsea and howls of derision at his decision to replace Rio Ngumoha during that match.
"I think the world has gone to where if a manager or a club doesn't have the best season, there is always a debate. That is all around the world, not only at Liverpool. That is the new reality in football," added Slot.
"It is not up to me to judge the people who judge me. They have every right ot have their opinion."
Slot promised after the Chelsea match to provide a "different team next season" if the transfer window goes as he expects.
The former Feyenoord boss confirmed he is at the heart of the club's plans over transfers and planning for next season.
"We know where we go on tour. Plans have been made and talks have been ongoing with the club for new players and I am involved in that," said Slot.
A former Liverpool favourite Xabi Alonso had been linked as a potential successor to Slot.
However, reports this week suggest the former Bayer Leverkusen and Real Madrid coach is closer to taking over at Chelsea next season.
Slot also confirmed that Mohamed Salah will be fit to feature in a limited role for the trip to Villa.
There had been fears the Egyptian, who will leave after nine glittering years at Liverpool at the end of the season, may have played his final game for the club after suffering a hamstring injury last month.
F.Cardoso--PC