-
William and Harry: Britain's warring royal brothers
-
Hong Kong Tiananmen activists to receive national security verdict
-
UN holds second informal poll for next leader
-
Who are the candidates vying to lead the UN?
-
In US mining hub, black lung rates soar
-
Swiatek into Cincinnati semis after Rybakina injury
-
Champions Arsenal embrace being 'hunted' as Premier League returns
-
University suspends academic behind Jason Arday plagiarism charges
-
World No.2 Rybakina retires from Cincinnati clash with Swiatek
-
Key European leaders demand Israel halt West Bank settlement project
-
'I heard you missed me': Melania Trump jokes about month out of spotlight
-
McIlroy bounces back to share BMW Championship lead
-
Amazon Prime Video to invest $2 bn in Latin America productions
-
Cobolli fueled by candy in sweet defeat of Paul
-
Panama Canal to reduce shipping over El Nino-fueled drought
-
Jailed Pakistan ex-PM Khan moved to hospital on court order: party
-
Maradona trial on hold over possible medical evidence mix-up
-
Pogacar eyes 'missing' piece ahead of Vuelta return
-
'Green dilemma': China's solar boom hurt birds, says study
-
US, Canada 'very close' to trade deal, Ottawa says, as details emerge
-
Pegula hangs on to dispatch Anisimova, reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
Ronaldinho returns in search of 'beautiful' 300th goal
-
US charges woman with IS-inspired plot to blow up New York State Capitol
-
US pushes allies, China to back Trump's economic war on Iran
-
What a record-breaking El Nino could mean for the world
-
Former NBA MVP Harden reportedly set to return to Cavaliers
-
Duplantis edges Karalis to win Lausanne Diamond League pole vault
-
Brook makes Pakistan pay for drop as England dominate first Test
-
Alcaraz to return for US Open title defence
-
MemeCore Arrives on Nasdaq Through $1 Billion Landmark Treasury Transaction
-
China's rapid solar expansion hurt bird diversity: study
-
First US deportees land in Liberia
-
President Paul Biya back in Cameroon after 73 days away
-
US, Canada resume talks to finalize trade deal as details emerge
-
Newcastle boss Jaissle unfazed by lack of respect
-
Europe heatwaves scorch 80 million with 40 C heat: AFP analysis
-
US Open purse to top $100 mn as Grand Slams form player council
-
Carrick insists Man Utd will make more signings after quiet transfer window
-
Hull aim to silence critics after unexpected promotion to Premier League
-
US warns allies, China to back economic war on Iran
-
Pakistan hit back against England after Cox and Root fifties
-
Manifesto defends Germany's iconic Bauhaus against 'populist attacks'
-
Walmart reports mixed results as gas prices drag on US sales growth
-
Kenya's Kipyegon ends season with hamstring injury
-
Wang downs Sindhu to break Indian hearts at badminton worlds
-
Nord Stream bomb suspect arrested while working on movie about attack: media
-
As Europe's rivers recede, shippers scramble to limit damage
-
German football fans plan widespread VAR protests
-
Alonso won't confirm Fernandez will remain at Chelsea after Man City link
-
Scorching summer triggers record rockfalls in Alps, scientist says
Brazil renew Ancelotti contract until 2030
Carlo Ancelotti will remain the coach of Brazil until 2030, the country's football federation (CBF) said on Thursday in a vote of confidence as the storied football nation aims to turn around its World Cup woes.
The contract renewal will put the 66-year-old Italian at the helm of the team "until the 2030 World Cup," the CBF said in a statement.
Ancelotti took over as Brazil coach last year and oversaw the five-time world champions' successful qualification for the World Cup in the United States, Canada and Mexico, running between June 11 and July 19.
"From the very first minute, I understood what football means to this country. For the past year, we have been working to lead the Brazilian national team back to the very top of the world stage," Ancelotti said in the statement.
The former Real Madrid, AC Milan and Chelsea coach said he wanted "more victories, more time, more work".
Brazil are the first national team he has coached.
"Ancelotti's resume and career speak for themselves. But beyond that, he is a fantastic human being. We are extremely satisfied," CBF vice-president Gustavo Dias said Thursday.
- An eye on a sixth title -
CBF president Samir Xaud said the renewal was part of efforts to "keep Brazil at the highest level of world football".
Ancelotti was appointed to turn around a struggling team, with the Selecao left red-faced after being eliminated in the quarter-finals of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.
The last time the team made it to the semi-final was in 2014 when the host nation suffered a humiliating 7-1 defeat to Germany -- a collapse which remains a national trauma for football fans.
Prior to Ancelotti's appointment, Brazil had cycled through three different head coaches since the departure of Tite following the 2022 World Cup.
He is also the first foreigner to manage the Selecao since the brief tenure of the Argentine Filpo Nunez in 1965.
Since Ancelotti took charge, Brazil have played ten matches, recording five wins, two draws, and three defeats -- including a 2-1 loss to France in March.
Ancelotti is due to announce his final squad for the tournament on May 18, before Brazil play a warm-up match against Panama at the Maracana Stadium on May 31.
Mystery remains over whether he will call up controversial forward Neymar, who has not played for Brazil since 2023 due to a serious knee injury.
The Brazilians will be based in New Jersey during the World Cup, and face Morocco, Scotland and Haiti in Group C.
X.Matos--PC