-
Trump's devoted 'human printer' in media glare
-
Germany, France, UN condemn far-right Israeli minister's 'inhumane' Gaza remarks
-
Top seed Zverev bundled out by Paul in rain-hit Cincinnati upset
-
Prince Harry and Meghan moving back to UK: British press
-
WADA pledges vigilance on Russian athletes ahead of 2028 Olympics
-
Lee, Baena guide Atletico to opening Liga win over Malaga
-
NASA satellite rescue mission fails
-
Ecuador intel chief, five Americans killed in Kenya helicopter crash
-
Cobolli halts Jodar to reach Cincinnati quarter-finals
-
Robinson and Tongue share match ball after dismissing Pakistan
-
As election looms, Netanyahu puts Turkey in Israel's crosshairs
-
Israel army admits firing on car in death of five-year-old Hind Rajab
-
McIlroy questions LIV stars 'value' as talk of PGA return builds
-
Honduras places 80% of country on El Nino drought alert
-
'Breakthrough' mRNA cancer drug curbs melanoma in large trial
-
Some of Meta's safety tools were 'designed to fail': witness
-
Many US Fed policymakers back interest rate hikes if inflation stays high
-
PSG Ligue 1 opener moved over state of Parc des Princes pitch
-
Robinson and Tongue star as Pakistan collapse in England opener
-
UK PM launches bid to help homeless, donating part of his wages
-
All Blacks must get 'everything right' to beat Springboks, says legend Fitzpatrick
-
Golden Shoe winner Kane hopes for Ballon d'Or after 'best season ever'
-
Robinson and Tongue star as Pakistan all out for 171 in England opener
-
Kyiv's ex-defence chief makes risky bet by venturing into electoral grounds
-
Lake Zurich sees water level hit record low amid drought
-
Coventry have survival inspiration says Lampard
-
Merck and Moderna's tailored cancer drug curbs melanoma recurrence in trial
-
Reijnders leaves Man City for Saudi's Al Qadsiah
-
Referees chief Webb wants clamp-down on Premier League set-piece grappling
-
Trump says will meet North Korea's Kim later this year
-
Robinson makes history as Pakistan collapse against England
-
Stocks waver, dollar drops as US Treasury moves to lower bond yields
-
Alvarez can win back Atletico fans in two games: club chief
-
France recalls rare disease drug Tavneos after deaths
-
Oldest human brain cells grown in lab 'recorded passage of time'
-
Arsenal agree to sign Villa defender Konsa: reports
-
7,300 excess deaths and counting in France's historically hot summer
-
Evacuation orders lifted in Belgian wildfire zone
-
Ukraine MPs approve new defence minister after divisive reshuffle
-
UK media skewered for 'hounding' black academic
-
North Korea leader's sister says 'unaware' of reported Kim-Trump communication
-
More than 7,300 excess deaths in France's historically hot summer so far
-
Russia, Ukraine exchange 103 captured soldiers each
-
US socialists score shock Florida win as Trump picks stumble
-
Sainz signs new contract with F1 team Williams
-
Iran warns Gulf countries against helping US after UAE cuts trade ties
-
Playing at Real Madrid 'not for everyone': Bernardo Silva
-
Senior FIFA official withdraws support from embattled Infantino
-
As election nears, Israelis fear polarisation could spark violence
-
Lawson replaces injured Hadjar for Red Bull at Dutch GP
Prince Harry and Meghan moving back to UK: British press
Six years after stepping down as working royals, Prince Harry and his wife Meghan are moving back to the United Kingdom within weeks, British press reported late Wednesday.
In a surprise move, Harry, the youngest son of King Charles III, and his wife Meghan, "plan to leave the United States by the end of the month to settle in a private, non-royal residence, which is said to be located outside London," The Telegraph said.
Several UK news outlets including the BBC reported the couple's two children, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, had already been enrolled in a British school for the start of the school year in early September.
It was reported that the couple had already chosen a new house, but that it would not be one of the many royal residences.
Harry and Meghan have lived in California since stepping down as working royals in 2020 and the children had not seen their grandfather since 2022.
Harry, 41, and Meghan, 45, left Britain for North America in 2020 amid a bitter feud with his family, which worsened as Harry published his tell-all memoir "Spare".
A no-holds barred interview with US talkshow hostess Oprah Winfrey also deepened the rift.
The Press Association said the 77-year-old Charles had been made aware on Sunday that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex planned to return to live in the UK.
The monarch "welcomes the opportunity to see more of the family in a personal capacity", but there will be no change in their status and the couple would still not be working royals, PA said.
- 'Extraordinary development' -
The stunning news comes only weeks after Harry and Meghan paid a short visit to the UK in early July with the children, during which they had a private meeting with Charles.
Harry said last year that he wanted to reconcile with his father, who was diagnosed two years ago with cancer and has been receiving treatment since. The type of cancer has never been revealed.
It was not immediately clear whether Harry's older brother and heir to the throne, Prince William, and his wife, Catherine, had been informed of the news. The two brothers have become estranged and reportedly no longer talk.
Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams told GB news television that it was "an extraordinary development".
"My first thought frankly is... they failed to make it in the US... essentially they failed to be A-listers in Hollywood."
While the couple signed a mega deal with Netflix in 2020 reportedly worth an unconfirmed $100 million, many of their projects have struggled to win over audiences.
And the new deal signed with the US streaming giant in August 2025 was a looser arrangement, described as a "multi-year, first look deal".
- 'Untruths' -
The Sun newspaper said the couple would keep their Montecito home in California, as well as a house in Portugal where they are believed to have enjoyed some vacation time this summer.
Even the run-up to Harry's July trip was rocked by setbacks, with media outlets quoting sources close to Harry as saying the prince would be staying at Buckingham Palace in London -- only for the palace to issue a denial.
News of the couple's surprise return after their painful departure from Britain -- dubbed Megxit by the British tabloids -- also comes the day after Diana's brother, Charles Spencer, revealed that he had written a book about his sister's life.
Harry has long blamed the media for the death of his mother Princess Diana, who was killed in a Paris car crash in 1997 while trying to shake off the paparazzi.
"Swan Song: Diana, My Sister" will be published in Britain and other countries on September 22 and translated into 12 languages.
"With the 30th anniversary of Diana's tragic death on the skyline, I've been inundated yet again with requests for interviews about my sister," Spencer said.
"This has convinced me to write down my own thoughts and memories, once and for all," he said, adding many opinions were "based on untruths that have become accepted over time".
Spencer, 62, has remained close to both his nephews, and Harry and Meghan and their children reportedly visited the earl's ancestral home at Althorp, central England, in early July where they were said to have visited Diana's grave.
S.Caetano--PC