-
Yamaguchi on course for fourth badminton world crown
-
Swedish police name 17-year-old girl as victim in school sword attack
-
Man Utd humiliated by Hull in dismal start to Premier League season
-
South Korea sends first container ship through Arctic route
-
Anthropic market debut could break SpaceX IPO record: media
-
Trescothick eager to keep England job despite Hussey approach
-
Pope's 'couturier of the sacred' fueled by faith
-
Indonesia deploys hundreds of soldiers to tackle Borneo fires
-
Duplantis locked in on 'grinding' for big bars
-
The last lap: Fans, drivers bid fond farewell to Dutch GP
-
Stokes says decision to leave Headingley off Ashes roster 'shambolic'
-
Silesia Diamond League: four events to watch
-
New arrival Rodri to miss Elche opener: Barca's Flick
-
Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race, Antonelli fourth
-
Atletico's Alvarez to return against Villarreal: Simeone
-
Mercedes driver George Russell wins Dutch GP sprint race
-
Dozens of civilians killed, kidnapped as jihadists clash in Nigeria
-
Ukraine strikes kill two children after Russia's deadly mall attack
-
Former envoys urge joint French, UK action on Palestinian territories
-
Pope visits San Marino, before addressing Italian political gathering
-
Australia lead by 101 in 2nd Bangladesh Test as 18 wickets fall on day one
-
Trump tariffs heap up as Canada tries to curb US reliance
-
'Aura' battles leap from social media to Latin America streets
-
Australia lose three wickets after skittling Bangladesh for 64
-
US, Canada fail to reach trade pact to avert Trump tariffs
-
Bangladesh all out for 64 in 2nd Test after Starc masterclass
-
Sudan farms lie barren as El Nino leaves Nile banks dry
-
Odyssey effect: stars sell Greece to a new wave of US tourists
-
Arctic shipping a daunting prospect in hotly contested region
-
South Korea to send first container ship through Arctic route
-
In US, rare earths extracted from coal mine wastewater
-
Starc takes 5-11 to leave Bangladesh reeling in 2nd Test
-
Nakashima pounds Fritz, Bejlek beats Keys in Cincinnati upsets
-
Injured Rune withdraws from US Open
-
Canadian negotiator says 'more work to do' on US trade deal
-
Nakashima knocks out Fritz to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
'Solid' Clark takes solo lead at BMW Championship
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 16
-
Arteta hails Arsenal's desire after perfect start to title defence
-
TikTok to pay $400 mn settlement in US children's privacy case
-
Betis down Real Sociedad in La Liga opener
-
MLS fines Messi for striking an opponent
-
Mexican governor resumes job despite US drug charges
-
Gouiri double fires Marseille past Strasbourg in Ligue 1 opener
-
Arsenal rout Coventry to open Premier League season in style
-
Mavericks buy out Thompson, now reportedly bound for Heat
-
Giant-killer Bejlek overhauls Keys to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
England v Pakistan first Test: Three talking points
-
Man Utd agree deal for Brighton midfielder Baleba: reports
-
US, Canada push to seal trade deal as deadline nears
Chelsea's Maresca expects no problems with Fernandez after race row
New Chelsea manager Enzo Maresca said Wednesday that he did not expect "any problems at all" when Argentina's Enzo Fernandez rejoins the squad ahead of the start of the Premier League season.
Fernandez has been embroiled in a racism row after he posted a video on social media of him and his Argentina team-mates singing a derogatory chant about the France national team as they celebrated their Copa America triumph earlier in July.
The song targets France's star striker Kylian Mbappe, among others, and includes racist and homophobic insults.
The 23-year-old issued an apology after the video but both FIFA and his club are investigating the incident.
France and Chelsea defender Wesley Fofana criticised the video on social media, describing it as "uninhibited racism".
Fernandez is currently on holiday after international duty and is expected to rejoin his Chelsea team-mates later this month.
"It is quite easy in terms of the player doing a statement to apologise," said Maresca during Chelsea's pre-season tour of the United States.
"The club did the same, so I don't think there is something to add in terms of the situation. It is already clear and clarified."
The Chelsea squad includes seven French players, but Maresca does not think Fernandez's return will cause any issues.
"In the end, they are all human beings. I don't think there are any bad intentions from any one of them. I don't think when Enzo is back that we will have any kind of problem," said the Italian.
"The player clarified already the situation, the club did the same. So, there is nothing to add.
"Once again, I think they are not bad persons or human beings. It can happen but I don't think there are any problems at all."
Several of the Argentinian's clubmates have unfollowed him on social media in the aftermath of the incident.
Club captain Reece James said at Wednesday's press conference that he hoped there would not be any disruption but that he would be ready to step in should there be "anything to amend".
"It was obviously a really difficult situation. I think Enzo acknowledged that he has done wrong and quickly put his hand up to apologise to the club, the team and people offended," said James.
"He hasn't arrived yet so I don't know if there's anything to amend. I'll have to make that judgement when he comes back in. I hope everyone will be on the same page and we can move forward from the situation."
V.Dantas--PC