-
Dickwella, Dinusha hit fifties as Sri Lanka fight back
-
Germany's coalition split over putting climate in constitution
-
Bangladesh Test cricket reboot delivers in style with historic win
-
Ukraine badminton star: 'How can you feel normal when bombs are falling?'
-
Virgin moves closer to launching Eurostar rival in 2030
-
Rain brings respite as Belgium wrestles massive wildfire
-
Indian marble waste dump becomes unlikely tourist attraction
-
Most stocks rise as US data ease rate fears but fuel economic worries
-
Coach says Australia 'let standards slip' in shock Bangladesh loss
-
India take control of Galle Test as Sri Lanka slump to 99-5
-
Hawaii recovery efforts begin as Lala downgraded, moves west
-
Australia's mushroom murderer appeals conviction
-
Food safety crackdown snares Mumbai's famed restaurants
-
The Nigerian fishing community being eaten up by the Atlantic
-
Trump says US scaling back military drills with Seoul hours before start
-
Kushner to meet Netanyahu after talks with Hamas on Gaza plan
-
Nearly 13,000 displaced after deadly Indonesian quake
-
Photos, memories all that remain for Colombia's bereaved after quake
-
Axe hangs over Australian batters after Darwin 'disaster'
-
Sabalenka squeezes out win on sixth match point in Cincinnati
-
Is this cave in Turkey where Homer wrote 'The Odyssey'?
-
Trump says US scaling back military drills with South Korea hours before start
-
Winning back walls from gangs, artists fill El Salvador's towns with color
-
Jason Arday: UK academic who died amid plagiarism storm
-
Opening arguments expected in Tupac murder trial
-
Sabbath cafe clash lays bare Israel faultlines
-
As machinery removes rubble, hopes for survivors from Colombian quake dwindle
-
Top-ranked Scheffler powers to PGA St. Jude Championship victory
-
Trump says US scaling back military drills with South Korea
-
Jacquet scores on Liverpool debut in friendly win over Como
-
Zambia's Hichilema takes early lead in reelection bid
-
Hawaii's Big Island begins recovery efforts as Hurricane Lala downgrades, moves west
-
Sabalenka squeezes out a win on sixth match point in Cincinnati
-
Spidey swings high for third weekend in N. American box office
-
Duplantis dominant, Hunt hits four and Asher-Smith makes history
-
Eagle and late birdie lift Jeeno to LPGA Portland Classic win
-
Spanish soldier dies in Aragon wildfire
-
Duplantis masterclass for fourth Euro pole vault title
-
PSG beaten by Lens in French Champions' Trophy
-
Records for Asher-Smith, Hunt as Britain win 4x100m mixed relay
-
Rybakina, Andreeva race into Cincinnati third round
-
Barcelona reach deal with Man City to sign Rodri
-
Amy Hunt bags fourth Euro gold as Britain win 4x100m mixed relay
-
Misery for Maresca as Man City make dismal start to life after Guardiola
-
Spanish soldier dies in Aragon wildfire: regional leader
-
Strikes kill 19 in Russia and Ukraine
-
Belgium's Pocognoli appointed new Scotland manager
-
Lula and Bolsonaro court women voters as Brazil election campaign kicks off
-
Marchand storms to second gold of European championships
-
Belgium races to tame huge wildfire creeping towards Germany
'F1 will not be bullied': Red Bull chief backs Saudi show going on
Red Bull team chief Christian Horner on Friday backed the decision to continue with the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix despite a rebel attack on a nearby oil depot, insisting: "F1 will not be bullied".
"The sport has to stand against this. No terrorism of this kind can be condoned. The sport must not be bullied in this way," said Horner.
Despite their many disagreements in last year's tense and dramatic world championship, Horner and Mercedes boss Toto Wolff were united that the show must go on.
"We had a good meeting and we -– the team principals –- are all agreed on this to go ahead. This circuit is probably the safest place in Saudi Arabia at this moment," said Wolff.
The two heavyweight team bosses of the paddock were speaking at the end of the day's practice sessions on the high-speed Jeddah street circuit.
The Yemeni rebel attack on the Aramco facility set off a huge fire near the track during the televised practice sessions, part of a wave of assaults on Aramco facilities.
As smoke billowed, the second practice was delayed as F1 management, team bosses, drivers and race promoters discussed the attack.
"We have received total assurance on safety and security here, for the country and for the families," said Formula One boss Stefano Domenicali.
"We have all put safety first to protect this area and the city where we are going."
He added: "This is a protected area and so we feel confident to trust the local authorities in this respect and we stand together in deciding to go ahead with this event."
Newly-elected Dubai-born president of the sport's ruling body, the International Motoring Federation (FIA), Mohammed Ben Sulayem said: "The question is who are these rebels targeting? It is the economic infrastructure not civilians and not this track. We have high level assurance that this is a secure place and nothing is going to happen."
Aramco is a sponsor of the Aston Martin team.
Meanwhile, Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko also supported the decision to continue.
"If safety is guaranteed, we must go ahead. The Saudis have a defence system and, for some reason, the drone (missile) wasn't intercepted. The rebels know they get a lot more publicity at a Grand Prix – that's part of the concept.
"You shouldn't let terrorism completely intimidate you in normal life. We should take a look now, and if security is guaranteed for the next two days, then we should go ahead."
G.Teles--PC