-
Dickwella, Dinusha hit fifties as Sri Lanka fight back
-
Germany's coalition split over putting climate in constitution
-
Bangladesh Test cricket reboot delivers in style with historic win
-
Ukraine badminton star: 'How can you feel normal when bombs are falling?'
-
Virgin moves closer to launching Eurostar rival in 2030
-
Rain brings respite as Belgium wrestles massive wildfire
-
Indian marble waste dump becomes unlikely tourist attraction
-
Most stocks rise as US data ease rate fears but fuel economic worries
-
Coach says Australia 'let standards slip' in shock Bangladesh loss
-
India take control of Galle Test as Sri Lanka slump to 99-5
-
Hawaii recovery efforts begin as Lala downgraded, moves west
-
Australia's mushroom murderer appeals conviction
-
Food safety crackdown snares Mumbai's famed restaurants
-
The Nigerian fishing community being eaten up by the Atlantic
-
Trump says US scaling back military drills with Seoul hours before start
-
Kushner to meet Netanyahu after talks with Hamas on Gaza plan
-
Nearly 13,000 displaced after deadly Indonesian quake
-
Photos, memories all that remain for Colombia's bereaved after quake
-
Axe hangs over Australian batters after Darwin 'disaster'
-
Sabalenka squeezes out win on sixth match point in Cincinnati
-
Is this cave in Turkey where Homer wrote 'The Odyssey'?
-
Trump says US scaling back military drills with South Korea hours before start
-
Winning back walls from gangs, artists fill El Salvador's towns with color
-
Jason Arday: UK academic who died amid plagiarism storm
-
Opening arguments expected in Tupac murder trial
-
Sabbath cafe clash lays bare Israel faultlines
-
As machinery removes rubble, hopes for survivors from Colombian quake dwindle
-
Top-ranked Scheffler powers to PGA St. Jude Championship victory
-
Trump says US scaling back military drills with South Korea
-
Jacquet scores on Liverpool debut in friendly win over Como
-
Zambia's Hichilema takes early lead in reelection bid
-
Hawaii's Big Island begins recovery efforts as Hurricane Lala downgrades, moves west
-
Sabalenka squeezes out a win on sixth match point in Cincinnati
-
Spidey swings high for third weekend in N. American box office
-
Duplantis dominant, Hunt hits four and Asher-Smith makes history
-
Eagle and late birdie lift Jeeno to LPGA Portland Classic win
-
Spanish soldier dies in Aragon wildfire
-
Duplantis masterclass for fourth Euro pole vault title
-
PSG beaten by Lens in French Champions' Trophy
-
Records for Asher-Smith, Hunt as Britain win 4x100m mixed relay
-
Rybakina, Andreeva race into Cincinnati third round
-
Barcelona reach deal with Man City to sign Rodri
-
Amy Hunt bags fourth Euro gold as Britain win 4x100m mixed relay
-
Misery for Maresca as Man City make dismal start to life after Guardiola
-
Spanish soldier dies in Aragon wildfire: regional leader
-
Strikes kill 19 in Russia and Ukraine
-
Belgium's Pocognoli appointed new Scotland manager
-
Lula and Bolsonaro court women voters as Brazil election campaign kicks off
-
Marchand storms to second gold of European championships
-
Belgium races to tame huge wildfire creeping towards Germany
Kyrgios stuns Rublev in 52 minutes at Miami Open
Nick Kyrgios stressed Friday he's at peace with himself after a day where both sides of the Australian's character come into sharp focus at the ATP and WTA Miami Open.
Hours before he wowed Hard Rock Stadium with a ruthless 52-minute demolition of seventh-ranked Andrey Rublev to reach the third round, the enigmatic world number 102 was fined $25,000 by the ATP following a stormy defeat to Rafa Nadal at Indian Wells earlier this month.
The 26 year-old Aussie was fined $20,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct after hurling his racket near a ball boy and $5,000 for an audible obscenity.
Kyrgios, prone to emotional outbursts and controversial actions on court, remains among the sport's most exciting talents when he plays as he did to eliminate the Russian.
Watching American Jenson Brooskby lose the plot on Thursday and throw his racket in similar fashion struck a chord with the Australian star, who next faces Italy's Fabio Fognini.
"I am at peace with everything off the court," Kyrgios told AFP afterwards.
"I am in the right mindset. It's just one match. I was lucky to get through the first round and today I played great.
"I've had the biggest pre-season ever. I've trained hard and in the best shape I've been in for a while. I'm in a better space with my family. I could put it down to a few things.
"I've been on tour for nine years. I know some weeks will be incredible and some will be shocking. I'm not on that rollercoaster life anymore where I really enjoy those highs and almost drown my sorrows with the lows.
"That's healthier for me."
Brooksby sparked anger on social media and in some tennis circles after losing his temper in a match against Argentina's Federico Coria.
Kyrgios has been there and knows why the American lost his head.
"I've done many things in my life just like many other people have where you question your decisions. No one is perfect," Kyrgios said.
"I'm not one to judge anyone's behavior but at the same time, he's a young kid and I wasn't the best role model but he has held himself accountable.
"He knows it wasn't the right thing to do. I can't see him having the kind of personality where he will just say F you. He didn't mean it or mean any harm.
"We will have to nurture him in our sport. It happens -- I'm not saying it's OK -- but I can't see him doing that again."
For Kyrgios, just being able to smile on a tennis court is enough.
"I've been dealing with a lot of stuff over the last couple of years," Kyrgios said of his well documented struggle with mental health, alcohol and drugs.
"But I'm not stressing much and just have been enjoying my tennis."
Elsewhere in the men's draw, second seed Alexander Zverev beat Borna Coric 6-4, 3-6, 6-3. The German will play either Grigor Dimitrov or Mackenzie McDonald next.
H.Silva--PC