-
Malaysia's JDT claims unbeaten run world record
-
At least 2 teens seriously wounded in sword attack at Swedish school
-
Bolivian economy minister fired after Congress vote
-
Popular forest near Paris to reopen after wildfire
-
Russell roars to Dutch GP sprint pole, Antonelli fifth
-
UN holds second informal poll of secretary-general candidates
-
Russell takes pole for Dutch GP sprint
-
Shakhtar Donetsk to play Champions League home games at Chelsea
-
England start life after Bazball with rout of Pakistan
-
Arsenal sign Villa centre-back Konsa as champions bolster defence
-
'Duck run' pest control catching on in S.Africa's winelands
-
The 'hedgehogs' leading Poland's defences on Russian border
-
UK, Canada, Australia slam Israel ending probe into aid worker killings
-
England thrash Pakistan by an innings and 103 runs in first Test
-
Spurs spending spree vital to raise standards: De Zerbi
-
Fury says Joshua fight 'doesn't look like it's going to happen'
-
US, Canada try to wrap up trade deal before latest Trump deadline
-
Argentina's Paredes suspended 10 matches by FIFA for World Cup fight
-
World No.1 Sinner withdraws from US Open with knee injury
-
Watkins and Martinez could join Villa exodus says Emery
-
Judge allows UK rugby brain injury court case to continue to trial
-
UK court orders Prince Harry, others to pay Daily Mail £9.5mn
-
Trump announces temporary tariff relief on ground beef imports
-
Aligned Launches $ALIGN, the Native Token of Its Full Ethereum Stack
-
Pope to visit San Marino, address Italian political event
-
Bitcoin jumps, stocks bounce as traders weigh US Treasury action
-
All Blacks just as good as Springboks, says captain Savea
-
Man City boss Maresca hit with Doku injury blow
-
Romania holding suspected 'low-level agent' after pistols found near Berlin: Germany
-
Iraola wants to sign wingers to boost Liverpool's attacking options
-
UK forecasts 'biggest' El Nino will smash records, spark hottest year
-
Maresca needs time to succeed after 'big changes' at Man City
-
Cyclist Alaphilippe attracts tributes as reports say he has quit
-
Meghan faces difficult return to the UK
-
Top-ranked An, holder Yamaguchi reach badminton worlds semi-finals
-
Archer double strengthens England's grip on first Test against Pakistan
-
Iran president says time to end war while in position of strength
-
MEXC Lists Ondo Tokenized Stock Moderna (MRNAON), Expanding Access to U.S. Biotech Exposure
-
Antonelli fastest in sole Dutch GP practice session
-
Japan axes Netflix collaboration after outcry over dating show
-
2,500 dead and rising -- UN says DR Congo Ebola outbreak 'growing exponentially'
-
Stocks tread cautiously as traders weigh US Treasury action
-
England all out for 409, lead Pakistan by 238 runs in 1st Test
-
STARTRADER Launches XAUUSD247, Extending Gold CFD Access Across the Full Week
-
Premier League returns with Arsenal eyeing title dynasty
-
Spurs agree deal to sign Man City's Savinho: reports
-
Bayern knew about Musiala's condition 'a long time ago' says Kompany
-
US-sanctioned ICC head warns against 'demise of international rule of law'
-
Ex-Pakistan PM Khan taken back to jail after hospital checks
-
Top India court orders new steps to protect threatened elephants
MotoGP tells Suzuki they have to stay and race
MotoGP's promoters Dorna on Tuesday responded to reports that Suzuki were thinking of quitting by telling the manufacturers they had to stick to their contract.
"Dorna Sports has officially contacted the factory in order to remind them that the conditions of their contract to race in MotoGP do not allow for them to take this decision unilaterally," said the statement.
The warning followed a report on specialist site Motorsports.com that "the heads of Suzuki gathered all members of the MotoGP team on Monday and communicated its decision to quit the series at the end of the year."
Suzuki had already left MotoGP at the end of 2011, before returning in 2015.
Dorna did not rule out the possibility that the Japanese team would quit again.
"Should Suzuki depart following an agreement between both parties, Dorna will decide on the ideal number of riders and teams racing in the MotoGP class from 2023," read a statement.
Dorna said it "continues to receive high levels of interest from a number of both official factories and Independent Teams looking to join the MotoGP grid."
"Interest from these parties has been re-confirmed in the past 24 hours," it added.
In the 500cc era, Barry Sheene, Marco Lucchinelli, Franco Uncini, Kevin Schwantz and Kenny Roberts Jr. won world titles riding Suzukis.
Since the company returned in 2015, they have won one rider title in 2020 when Joan Mir topped the standings with team-mate Alex Rins was third.
Rins is fourth in this season's standings with Mir Sixth.
Motorsports said Mir was likely to join Honda replacing Pol Espargaro.
While they won the team championship in 2020, Suzuki struggle in the separate manufacturers' standings because, unlike, Ducati, Yamaha, Honda and KTM, they do not have a satellite team.
In the current format, there are 24 bikes on the starting grid in each race, although wildcard entries increased that to 25 in the last two races.
Ducati have eight bikes on the grid this season. Suzuki and Aprilia are the only manufacturers with just two bikes on the starting grid.
The 24-bike format is fixed until 2026, when the current contract between the International Motorcycling Federation, Dorna and the International Racing Team Association, which represents the six manufacturers ends.
L.Carrico--PC