-
Dozens of civilians killed, kidnapped as jihadists clash in Nigeria
-
Ukraine strikes kill two children after Russia's deadly mall attack
-
Former envoys urge joint French, UK action on Palestinian territories
-
Pope visits San Marino, before addressing Italian political gathering
-
Australia lead by 101 in 2nd Bangladesh Test as 18 wickets fall on day one
-
Trump tariffs heap up as Canada tries to curb US reliance
-
'Aura' battles leap from social media to Latin America streets
-
Australia lose three wickets after skittling Bangladesh for 64
-
US, Canada fail to reach trade pact to avert Trump tariffs
-
Bangladesh all out for 64 in 2nd Test after Starc masterclass
-
Sudan farms lie barren as El Nino leaves Nile banks dry
-
Odyssey effect: stars sell Greece to a new wave of US tourists
-
Arctic shipping a daunting prospect in hotly contested region
-
South Korea to send first container ship through Arctic route
-
In US, rare earths extracted from coal mine wastewater
-
Starc takes 5-11 to leave Bangladesh reeling in 2nd Test
-
Nakashima pounds Fritz, Bejlek beats Keys in Cincinnati upsets
-
Injured Rune withdraws from US Open
-
Canadian negotiator says 'more work to do' on US trade deal
-
Nakashima knocks out Fritz to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
'Solid' Clark takes solo lead at BMW Championship
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 16
-
Arteta hails Arsenal's desire after perfect start to title defence
-
TikTok to pay $400 mn settlement in US children's privacy case
-
Betis down Real Sociedad in La Liga opener
-
MLS fines Messi for striking an opponent
-
Mexican governor resumes job despite US drug charges
-
Gouiri double fires Marseille past Strasbourg in Ligue 1 opener
-
Arsenal rout Coventry to open Premier League season in style
-
Mavericks buy out Thompson, now reportedly bound for Heat
-
Giant-killer Bejlek overhauls Keys to reach Cincinnati semi-finals
-
England v Pakistan first Test: Three talking points
-
Man Utd agree deal for Brighton midfielder Baleba: reports
-
US, Canada push to seal trade deal as deadline nears
-
Werro wins Lausanne 800m, well off world record pace
-
One dead, three wounded after sword attack at Swedish high school
-
China mulls bid to host 2028 UN climate talks: sources
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 15
-
Jones becomes third Englishman to join Inter this summer
-
US Supreme Court allows White House ballroom construction for now
-
Mexican governor wanted on US drug charges returns to job
-
Root hails emerging fast bowlers as England thrash Pakistan
-
Bolivia's Paz forced to fire economy minister in mid-crisis
-
Brazil's Lula urges tariffs resolution in call with Trump
-
A-Rod ups T-Wolves stake in $4.5bn ownership change
-
Ukraine says 'cynical' Russian strike on shopping centre killed 14
-
UK court orders Prince Harry, others to pay Daily Mail initial £9.5mn
-
Heatwave-hit Europe logs over 30,000 excess summer deaths: first figures
-
'Grateful' ex-world champion Alaphilippe retires from cycling
-
Give LIV Golf 'one more shot,' says DeChambeau
England appoint Australia women's boss Mott as men's white-ball coach
England on Wednesday named the "outstanding" Matthew Mott as head coach of their men's white-ball team following his succesful stint in charge of the Australian women's team.
Mott, 48, won Twenty20 world cups in 2018 and 2020 and the 50-over equivalent earlier this year during his seven-year stint with the Australian national side.
He also guided the team to a record 26 successive one-day international wins and victory over England in the recent multi-format Ashes series.
Mott, who has previously worked in the English county game with Glamorgan, takes over an England men's side who are the reigning 50-over world champions and currently second in the one-day international and T20 rankings.
England's new managing director Rob Key said the Australian's mentality dovetailed with that of World Cup-winning captain Eoin Morgan.
"What he has been able to do with them (Australia's women's team) I don't think should be underestimated," said Key, who was appointed as part of a management revamp following England's embarrassing 4-0 Ashes defeat in Australia.
"He has made the gap greater between (Australia and) the rest of the pack in the women's game."
England now have separate head coaches in red and white-ball cricket for the first time since 2014, with former New Zealand captain Brendon McCullum announced last week as their Test match chief.
Mott is expected to begin his England reign with three one-day internationals away to the Netherlands next month.
"It was always going to take something special to leave the role that I have loved for the past seven years with the Australian women's team," Mott said in an England and Wales Cricket Board statement.
"However, I genuinely believe that the time is right to play a role in helping the England men's ODI and T20 group continue to evolve as one of the best teams in the world.
"The idea of the split roles and the chance to work alongside Brendon McCullum in his red-ball role is an opportunity that I am incredibly enthusiastic about."
L.Mesquita--PC