-
UK PM launches bid to help homeless, donating part of his wages
-
All Blacks must get 'everything right' to beat Springboks, says legend Fitzpatrick
-
Golden Shoe winner Kane hopes for Ballon d'Or after 'best season ever'
-
Robinson and Tongue star as Pakistan all out for 171 in England opener
-
Kyiv's ex-defence chief makes risky bet by venturing into electoral grounds
-
Lake Zurich sees water level hit record low amid drought
-
Coventry have survival inspiration says Lampard
-
Merck and Moderna's tailored cancer drug curbs melanoma recurrence in trial
-
Reijnders leaves Man City for Saudi's Al Qadsiah
-
Referees chief Webb wants clamp-down on Premier League set-piece grappling
-
Trump says will meet North Korea's Kim later this year
-
Robinson makes history as Pakistan collapse against England
-
Stocks waver, dollar drops as US Treasury moves to lower bond yields
-
Alvarez can win back Atletico fans in two games: club chief
-
France recalls rare disease drug Tavneos after deaths
-
Oldest human brain cells grown in lab 'recorded passage of time'
-
Arsenal agree to sign Villa defender Konsa: reports
-
7,300 excess deaths and counting in France's historically hot summer
-
Evacuation orders lifted in Belgian wildfire zone
-
Ukraine MPs approve new defence minister after divisive reshuffle
-
UK media skewered for 'hounding' black academic
-
North Korea leader's sister says 'unaware' of reported Kim-Trump communication
-
More than 7,300 excess deaths in France's historically hot summer so far
-
Russia, Ukraine exchange 103 captured soldiers each
-
US socialists score shock Florida win as Trump picks stumble
-
Sainz signs new contract with F1 team Williams
-
Iran warns Gulf countries against helping US after UAE cuts trade ties
-
Playing at Real Madrid 'not for everyone': Bernardo Silva
-
Senior FIFA official withdraws support from embattled Infantino
-
As election nears, Israelis fear polarisation could spark violence
-
Lawson replaces injured Hadjar for Red Bull at Dutch GP
-
Bayern's Hoeness 'speechless' after second Musiala collapse
-
Robots sort packages and serve fast food at Beijing showcase
-
Reijnders leaves Man City for Saudi's Al Qadsiah: source
-
Leeds sign Swiss defender Elvedi from Monchengladbach
-
Arsenal chief expects Arteta to sign new contract 'very shortly'
-
Robinson double rocks Pakistan in first Test before rain stops play
-
Oil rises, stocks waver amid tech sell-off
-
Queen Camilla says was 'difficult' keeping King Charles' cancer private
-
Belgian fire of the century 'encircled' but fight goes on
-
UK PM launches bid to get rough sleepers off streets by Christmas
-
Japan target record medal haul at home Asian Games
-
England bowl against Pakistan in first Test of post-Bazball era
-
ICC says US sanctions 'flagrant attack' on court independence
-
Villa sign Japanese 'keeper Suzuki, Italian defender Ruggeri
-
Kyrgios admits 'huge mistake' after failing test for cocaine
-
Injury-plagued Pogba released by Monaco
-
Europe can't afford to miss AI revolution: ECB chief
-
Japanese 'keeper Suzuki signs for Aston Villa
-
Suthar shines as India crush Sri Lanka in 600th Test
Burnley-Watford postponed as Clarets lose players to Covid
Burnley's match against relegation rivals Watford on Tuesday has been postponed after the Premier League accepted the Clarets' request for a delay on the grounds they had fewer than the required number of players available.
Burnley manager Sean Dyche, speaking at a press conference of Monday, said only 10 first-team players took part in training that day before the club asked for the postponement.
Dyche added Covid-hit Burnley were in a worse position than they had been before the Premier League agreed to call off Saturday's match against Leicester, with Charlie Taylor having suffered a knock in training.
"We're at such a stretched moment in time that it's very difficult all round," Dyche said.
A statement released by Burnley and the Premier League late read: "The Premier League board accepted Burnley's application with the club having fewer than the required number of players available for the match (13 outfield players and one goalkeeper), due to ongoing Covid-19 cases, injuries, and representation at the Africa Cup of Nations."
Amid concerns over a rising number of postponements, Dyche insisted Burnley had not made their request to the Premier League lightly.
"We've worked really hard to get games on when we've been stretched but it's just too far below the threshold," he said.
Dyche did not reveal how many of his squad had Covid-19 but stressed the problem was more than just a numbers issue.
"There are some 'double bubbles' as well. Johann (Berg Gudmundsson) is injured and has Covid...There's a mix of what's going on and it stretches you to the limit," he explained.
Saturday's game was the fourth time this season Burnley had a match called off due to Covid-19, but the first time the request had come from the northwest side.
The Watford match had already been rearranged -- it was originally scheduled on December 15 but was postponed because of positive cases in the Hornets' camp.
Burnley last played on January 8, when they were without seven players for their 2-1 FA Cup loss to Championship side Huddersfield - a match Dyche and coach Steve Stone missed following positive tests.
Burnley have played only 17 Premier League games, the fewest of any English top-flight team so far this season, and are bottom of the table, three points shy of 17th-placed Watford.
In all, 21 Premier League games have been postponed this campaign due to Covid cases.
jdg/pb
.
T.Vitorino--PC