NYSE - LSE
RBGPF 0.12% 82.5 $
JRI 0.61% 13.13 $
BCE 0.89% 25.8 $
CMSD 0.17% 23.8 $
RIO 0.77% 97.09 $
BCC -2.74% 82.13 $
CMSC 0.04% 23.96 $
GSK -1.42% 59.52 $
NGG 0.01% 90.28 $
BTI 1.76% 62.08 $
RELX 1.49% 31.46 $
BP -0.87% 38.18 $
AZN -1.1% 204.2 $
VOD 0.77% 15.65 $
RYCEF 2.2% 18.2 $
Ronaldo announces Al-Nassr chapter 'over'
Ronaldo announces Al-Nassr chapter 'over' / Photo: Fayez NURELDINE - AFP

Ronaldo announces Al-Nassr chapter 'over'

Portugal icon Cristiano Ronaldo indicated on Monday that he could leave Al-Nassr after declaring that a "chapter is over" hours after the Saudi Pro League finished.

Text size:

Ronaldo, 40, joined Al-Nassr in 2022 from Manchester United and his contract in Saudi Arabia ends this summer.

A special transfer window runs from June 1-10 to allow the 32 clubs involved in the Club World Cup to sign players.

"This chapter is over," Ronaldo cryptically said on social media with a photo of him in an Al-Nassr shirt.

"The story? Still being written.

"Grateful to all," the former Real Madrid and Juventus attacker added.

Al-Nassr missed out on the Asian Champions League Elite, losing to Japan's Kawasaki Frontale in April's semi-finals and were third in the Saudi Pro League.

Ronaldo ended as the league's top goal scorer on 24.

Last year, the five-time Ballon d'Or winner said he could end his career wit Al-Nassr.

X.Matos--PC