-
Jake Paul requires second jaw surgery after Joshua knockout
-
'Boldly headbang': Star Trek's Shatner, 94, unveils metal album
-
Marseille lose first Ligue 1 game of Beye era
-
Police battle opposition protesters in Albanian capital
-
Austria snowstorm leaves five dead, road and power chaos
-
Trump unleashes personal assault on 'disloyal' Supreme Court justices
-
'Not the end': Small US firms wary but hopeful on tariff upheaval
-
US freestyle skier Ferreira wins Olympic halfpipe gold
-
Svitolina edges Gauff to set up Pegula final in Dubai
-
'Proud' Alcaraz digs deep to topple Rublev and reach Qatar final
-
UK govt considers removing ex-prince Andrew from line of succession
-
New study probes why chronic pain lasts longer in women
-
Trump vows 10% global tariff after stinging court rebuke
-
Aston Martin in disarray as Leclerc tops F1 testing timesheets
-
Venus Williams accepts Indian Wells wild card
-
Anxious Venezuelans seek clarity on new amnesty law
-
Last-gasp Canada edge Finland to reach Olympic men's ice hockey final
-
Scotland captain Tuipulotu grateful for Wales boss Tandy's influence
-
Zelensky says no 'family day' in rare personal interview to AFP
-
Zelensky tells AFP that Ukraine is not losing the war
-
Sweden to play Switzerland in Olympic women's curling final
-
Counting the cost: Minnesota reels after anti-migrant 'occupation'
-
UK police probe Andrew's protection as royals reel from ex-prince's arrest
-
Doris says Ireland must pile pressure on England rising star Pollock
-
US military assets in the Middle East
-
Neymar hints at possible retirement after World Cup
-
Stocks rise after court ruling against US tariffs
-
Australia end dismal T20 World Cup by thrashing Oman
-
Olympics chief says Milan-Cortina has set new path for Games
-
Russian SVR spy agency took over Wagner 'influence' ops in Africa: report
-
Pegula fights back to sink Anisimova and reach Dubai final
-
Trump administration denounces 'terrorism' in France after activist's killing
-
Colombia's Medellin builds mega-prison inspired by El Salvador's CECOT
-
German broadcaster recalls correspondent over AI-generated images
-
US Supreme Court strikes down swath of Trump global tariffs
-
England's Itoje says managing 'emotional turmoil' key to 100 cap landmark
-
Trump says weighing strike on Iran as Tehran says draft deal coming soon
-
Tudor is '100 percent' certain of saving Spurs from relegation
-
Azam dropped for scoring too slowly, says Pakistan coach Hesson
-
Stocks volatile after soft US growth data, court ruling against tariffs
-
Italy bring back Capuozzo for France Six Nations trip
-
From Malinin's collapse to Liu's triumph: Top Olympic figure skating moments
-
Arteta urges Arsenal to 'write own destiny' after title wobble
-
Ukraine Paralympics team to boycott opening ceremony over Russian flag decision
-
Wales captain Lake wants fans to bring 'noise' against Scotland
-
Skier Vonn's Italian hospital a hotbed of men, sister says
-
India target S.Africa top order, Abhishek to come good: bowling coach
-
Carrick praises Man Utd 'diversity' after Ratcliffe's immigrant rant
-
I never thought it would be hit, says 'Scream' creator 30 years later
-
AI summit statement delayed to 'maximise' signatories: India
Zverev tips Alcaraz to 'be in final' of French Open but is ready for battle
Alexander Zverev tipped defending champion Carlos Alcaraz for another run to the final of the French Open but warned he was ready to "really battle" after the German advanced to the fourth round on Saturday.
Third seed Zverev, who lost to Alcaraz in last year's title match in Roland Garros, booked his ticket to the last 16 with a three-set win over Italian Flavio Cobolli.
The three-time Grand Slam runner-up won through 6-2, 7-6 (7/4), 6-1 in two hours 30 minutes, and next plays 35th-ranked Dutch player Tallon Griekspoor.
"I honestly think that Carlos will be in the final, to be very fair," said Zverev.
Second seed Alcaraz won 6-1, 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 against 69th-ranked Bosnian Damir Dzumhur in his third round match on Friday to keep his title defence on course.
Four-time Grand Slam champion Alcaraz arrived as the favourite at Roland Garros after securing the Monte Carlo Masters and Italian Open trophies in the build-up to the clay-court major.
But his fluctuating performances in the past two rounds have given his rivals reason to believe he is vulnerable.
"I don't think there is anybody that, in that side of the draw, will challenge him too much, I think," continued Zverev.
"I think he's the favourite, of course, before coming into the tournament. I mean, I think everybody kind of realised that.
"But I think all the people that can challenge him, all the contenders, I would say, outside of him are all in the top half of the draw.
"I think we will have to really battle it out and I think he will enjoy watching it."
Zverev is in the same half of the draw as world number one Jannik Sinner and three-time French Open champion Novak Djokovic, who is bidding for a record 25th Grand Slam.
As for his next opponent Griekspoor, Zverev joked: "I play him almost every week."
The 28-year-old German leads 7-2 in their previous meetings including both matches on clay.
"He's the guy that I played the most in the last two years. I enjoy playing him. It's always fun, weird matches.
"You know, most of the time high level. Some of the times, just crazy things happening.
"But I'm going to get ready. I'm going to prepare myself for a battle again, and yeah, if I continue playing the way I'm playing, I have confidence in my game."
Griekspoor battled past American Ethan Quinn 4-6, 6-1, 6-7 (2/7), 6-1, 6-4 in three hours 16 minutes to reach the fourth round in Paris for the first time.
Zverev has reached at least the semi-finals on each of his last four appearances at Roland Garros.
"He (Cobolli) probably should have won the second set, but I kept fighting and then I had a bit of a mental advantage and it went my way."
G.Machado--PC