-
Gu qualifies for Olympic halfpipe final marred by horror crash
-
Trump issues Iran with ultimatum as US ramps up military presence
-
Peru's brand-new president under fire for child sex comments
-
UK police hold ex-prince Andrew for hours in unprecedented blow
-
Former Olympic freeski halfpipe champion Sharpe crashes heavily
-
Former Olympic champion Sharpe suffers heavy halfpipe crash
-
Belarus says US failed to issue visas for 'Board of Peace' meeting
-
Forest boss Pereira makes perfect start with Fenerbahce rout in Europa play-offs
-
Alcaraz fights back to book last four berth in Qatar
-
England captain Itoje warns of 'corrosive' social media after abuse of Ireland's Edogbo
-
War-weary Sudanese celebrate as Ramadan returns to Khartoum
-
Townsend expects recalled Scotland duo to shine in Six Nations clash with Wales
-
Peru's new president under fire for child sex comments
-
UK king opens London fashion week despite brother's arrest
-
Belarus frees opposition politician Statkevich
-
Striking Argentine workers slow down Buenos Aires in protest over labor reforms
-
Starlink loss a blow to Russian forces in Ukraine: experts
-
UN's Sudan probe finds 'hallmarks of genocide' in El-Fasher
-
Belarus frees opposition politician Statkevich: wife
-
Rocket re-entry pollution measured in atmosphere for first time
-
Airbus ready to build two new European fighters if countries want
-
Canada makes push to attract skilled migrants, including for defence
-
US threatens to leave IEA if net zero focus remains
-
Walmart outlines big AI ambitions as it reports mixed results
-
Trump kicks off his 'Board of Peace,' as war clouds loom on Iran
-
UK pubs to stay open late if home nations reach World Cup knockouts
-
TotalEnergies in high-stakes French trial over climate change
-
Bosnia probes fascist salutes at Croatian singer's concert
-
US and Israel issue dire warnings to Iran alongside US military buildup
-
British public cheer Andrew's arrest with a smile and relief
-
Argentine workers go on strike to protest Milei's labor reforms
-
Nakai targets Olympic skating upset as 'skimo' makes debut
-
What we know about ex-prince Andrew's friendship with Epstein
-
US trade deficit in goods widens to new record in 2025
-
Oil extends gains on US-Iran tensions, stocks retreat
-
Williams 'on the back foot' after missing Barcelona: Albon
-
Real Madrid submit evidence to UEFA in Vinicius racism probe
-
Olympics rev up Milan's renewal but locals fear price to pay
-
Cardona Coll, Fatton win Olympic-debuting ski mountaineering sprint golds
-
MSF will keep operating in Gaza 'as long as we can': mission head
-
Russian Filippov wins first medal at Milan-Cortina Games for individual neutral athletes
-
Italian Milan takes sprint honours at UAE Tour
-
Dozens killed in jihadist attacks in northwest Nigeria
-
Zimbabwe unbeaten in T20 World Cup after six-wicket Sri Lanka win
-
Postecoglou admits taking Nottingham Forest post a 'bad decision'
-
Switzerland's Fatton wins women's ski mountaineering sprint on Olympic debut
-
Kinghorn, Van der Merwe return for Scotland against Six Nations strugglers Wales
-
Repsol says could boost Venezuela oil output over 50% in 12 months
-
UN says Israeli actions raise 'ethnic cleansing' fears in West Bank, Gaza
-
Arteta tells faltering leaders Arsenal to harness Wolves 'pain' against Spurs
Inter striker Taremi stranded in Iran amid conflict: club
Inter Milan forward Mehdi Taremi has been stranded in Tehran due to the conflict between Iran and Israel and will miss the start of the FIFA Club World Cup, the Italian club confirmed on Saturday.
Taremi was in Iran last week on international duty, scoring in a 3-0 victory over North Korea in a World Cup qualifying game.
However the 32-year-old was unable to get a flight to join his Inter team-mates in Los Angeles due to the ongoing confrontation between Iran and Israel.
An Inter source confirmed to AFP that Taremi was stranded in his homeland.
Inter open their Club World Cup campaign against Mexican side Monterrey on Tuesday at the Pasadena Rose Bowl east of Los Angeles.
The opener marks the first game in charge of new Inter coach Cristian Chivu, who was named on Monday as the successor to Simone Inzaghi, who left following the club's 5-0 drubbing against Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League final.
Speaking at an introductory press conference at the team base in Beverly Hills on Saturday, Chivu said Inter were ready to bounce back from the double disappointment of just missing out on the Serie A title as well as the Champions League final.
The 44-year-old former Romanian international said Inter could look back on the season with pride.
"We should't forget this team's journey -- it was a great season," Chivu said.
"This team has great quality. They got right to the end but they didn't get the trophies. It wasn't a failure of a season.
"We knocked out Bayern and Barca in the Champions League. We were top of the league, one of the best in Europe, for a long time. So we cannot forget this. Failure doesn’t exist in football. Failure is making excuses."
B.Godinho--PC