-
Striking Argentine workers slow down Buenos Aires in protest over labor reforms
-
Starlink loss a blow to Russian forces in Ukraine: experts
-
UN's Sudan probe finds 'hallmarks of genocide' in El-Fasher
-
Belarus frees opposition politician Statkevich: wife
-
Rocket re-entry pollution measured in atmosphere for first time
-
Airbus ready to build two new European fighters if countries want
-
Canada makes push to attract skilled migrants, including for defence
-
US threatens to leave IEA if net zero focus remains
-
Walmart outlines big AI ambitions as it reports mixed results
-
Trump kicks off his 'Board of Peace,' as war clouds loom on Iran
-
UK pubs to stay open late if home nations reach World Cup knockouts
-
TotalEnergies in high-stakes French trial over climate change
-
Bosnia probes fascist salutes at Croatian singer's concert
-
US and Israel issue dire warnings to Iran alongside US military buildup
-
British public cheer Andrew's arrest with a smile and relief
-
Argentine workers go on strike to protest Milei's labor reforms
-
Nakai targets Olympic skating upset as 'skimo' makes debut
-
What we know about ex-prince Andrew's friendship with Epstein
-
US trade deficit in goods widens to new record in 2025
-
Oil extends gains on US-Iran tensions, stocks retreat
-
Williams 'on the back foot' after missing Barcelona: Albon
-
Real Madrid submit evidence to UEFA in Vinicius racism probe
-
Olympics rev up Milan's renewal but locals fear price to pay
-
Cardona Coll, Fatton win Olympic-debuting ski mountaineering sprint golds
-
MSF will keep operating in Gaza 'as long as we can': mission head
-
Russian Filippov wins first medal at Milan-Cortina Games for individual neutral athletes
-
Italian Milan takes sprint honours at UAE Tour
-
Dozens killed in jihadist attacks in northwest Nigeria
-
Zimbabwe unbeaten in T20 World Cup after six-wicket Sri Lanka win
-
Postecoglou admits taking Nottingham Forest post a 'bad decision'
-
Switzerland's Fatton wins women's ski mountaineering sprint on Olympic debut
-
Kinghorn, Van der Merwe return for Scotland against Six Nations strugglers Wales
-
Repsol says could boost Venezuela oil output over 50% in 12 months
-
UN says Israeli actions raise 'ethnic cleansing' fears in West Bank, Gaza
-
Arteta tells faltering leaders Arsenal to harness Wolves 'pain' against Spurs
-
Crowley gets nod for Irish as Prendergast drops out
-
Unbeaten Swiss to meet Great Britain in Olympic men's curling semis
-
UK police arrest ex-prince Andrew on suspicion of misconduct
-
Oil extends gains on US-Iran tensions, Europe stocks slide
-
Former prince Andrew, a historic downfall
-
Sri Lanka post 178-7 against Zimbabwe ahead of T20 Super Eights
-
OpenAI's Altman tells leaders regulation 'urgently' needed
-
US renews threat to leave IEA
-
Liverpool boss Slot says Isak in 'final stages of rehab'
-
Airbus ready to build two new European fighter jets if 'customers' ask
-
UN Sudan probe finds 'hallmarks of genocide' in El-Fasher
-
Costelow starts, Hamer-Webb makes Wales debut in Six Nations clash with Scotland
-
Facing US warnings, Iran defends right to nuclear enrichment
-
Ex-South Korea leader Yoon gets life in prison for insurrection
-
OpenAI's Altman says at India summit regulation 'urgently' needed
Inzaghi defends manner of exit from Inter to Saudi club
Former Inter Milan coach Simone Inzaghi has shrugged off criticism over the manner of his move to Saudi club Al-Hilal.
Inzaghi takes charge of his new club for the first time on Wednesday when they face Real Madrid in the Club World Cup in Miami.
Al-Hilal's chief executive officer Esteve Calzada told the BBC on Wednesday that the move had been decided before Inter's 5-0 Champions League final loss to Paris Saint-Germain.
"It might look like it's something that came quickly, but it's the result of hard work particularly from our chairman, who was always very clear he would be our number one option," said Calzada.
"He was playing a massive match and asked (us) to keep things aside until after the final... it was decided but not signed before the final, just because out of respect he asked us to wait, which is certainly fair enough."
The Champions League final was held on May 31 and Inzaghi was announced as the Al-Hilal coach four days later.
Calzada's comments prompted Italian media reports speculating whether the coach's impending move had influenced Inter's players and their performance.
At the pre-match press conference, Inzaghi was asked about those reports.
"Today, as has often been the case during my four years at Inter, I heard and listened to everything," said the coach.
"If this (criticism) was the price I had to pay for my four years at Inter, I am happy to pay it, but it is nothing compared to the good I have received from everyone. I am talking about Inter, the fans, the management, the players and Inter," he added.
"I know I will miss it, I will miss everything, even this. Even the most unfair accusations that have been made over the past four years.
"But I have been really happy, I have given my all and worked closely with the club and the management. In short, I think they too, for the good of Inter, were convinced that the right thing to do was for our paths to separate, with a lot of pain on everyone's part," he said.
Inzaghi defended his choice of moving from a top European club to the emerging Saudi Pro League.
"I accepted the challenge and stepped out of my comfort zone after several years at Inter. I want to change my way of thinking, my style of play, and try new things. There was no other team I wanted to coach. So I chose Al Hilal," he added.
G.M.Castelo--PC