-
Australia Olympic TV reporter apologises after slurring words
-
USA and Canada on course to meet for Olympic men's ice hockey gold
-
Bodo/Glimt stun Inter, Gordon hits four in Newcastle Champions League romp
-
Arteta urges Arsenal to 'stand up' after title bid rocked by Wolves draw
-
McIlroy aims to eliminate 'big numbers' in pursuit of first Riviera title
-
PM Modi, top tech bosses to address India AI summit
-
Bad Bunny to star in movie about Puerto Rico
-
Arsenal blow two-goal lead in damaging Wolves draw
-
Habib Beye appointed coach of Marseille
-
Sloppy Atletico held in six-goal Brugge thriller
-
Schick steers Leverkusen past Olympiacos in Champions League
-
Hogh stars as Bodo/Glimt down Inter in Champions League
-
Oil prices jump on toughening US posture on Iran as US stocks advance
-
Gu's exchange with AFP at Winter Olympics goes viral
-
Hamilton feeling 'connected' to new Ferrari car at test sessions
-
US lingerie magnate says was 'conned' by Epstein
-
Marner fires Canada into Olympic ice hockey semis, as Finland survive
-
Israel conducting 'gradual de facto annexation' of W.Bank: UN official
-
Alcaraz, Sinner cruise into Qatar Open quarter-finals
-
Mavs confirm Irving will miss rest of NBA season
-
Environmental groups sue Trump administration over scrapped climate rule
-
Major US naval, air buildup sets stage for potential Iran war
-
White House tells Iran to do deal as Trump hints at US strikes
-
Gordon scores four as Newcastle hit Qarabag for six
-
French far-right leader accuses Macron, allies of strengthening hard-left after activist killed
-
Putin says Russia 'always' stands by Cuba, slams US sanctions
-
England's Joe Heyes says Princess Anne mistook him for Joe Marler
-
Marner sends Canada through to Olympic men's ice hockey semis
-
Seattle Seahawks put up for sale after Super Bowl win
-
U2 slam ICE, Putin in new 'Days of Ash' EP
-
Berlin Film Festival rejects accusation of censorship on Gaza
-
Sinner sees off Popyrin to reach Doha quarter-finals
-
Taylor Swift bags best-selling artist of 2025 award: industry body
-
Tiberi takes UAE Tour lead from Evenepoel
-
Paris prosecutor calls on Epstein victims in France to testify
-
India tune up for Super Eights with hard-fought win over the Dutch
-
Griffin warns Wales to beware Bath team-mate Russell in Scotland clash
-
Desperate search for nine skiers missing in California avalanche
-
Six highs and lows from the 2026 Winter Olympics alpine skiing
-
Peru set for eighth president in a decade
-
First woman envoy for Palestine dies in France: family
-
Laser-etched glass can store data for millennia, Microsoft says
-
Intense US naval, air power buildup sets stage for potential Iran war
-
Slovakia beat Germany to reach Olympic men's ice hockey semis
-
Greece to claim Nazi atrocity photos found on Ebay: minister
-
US energy chief says IEA must 'drop' focus on climate change
-
Shiffrin remembers deceased dad after Olympic slalom gold
-
Environmental groups sue Trump administration over dismantled climate rule
-
Curling's air of gentility melts amid cheating row
-
Dube lifts India to 193-6 against Dutch at T20 World Cup
Carapaz knocked out of Tour de France with stomach bug
Richard Carapaz, the reigning Tour de France king of the mountains, will miss this year's race after developing a gastrointestinal infection training at home in Ecuador.
"Last week, he began experiencing abdominal pain and a high fever," said his team EF on their website.
"(Doctors) have advised against long-haul travel and competition at this time. As a result, Richard will not take part in this year's Tour de France."
Carapaz finished third in the Giro d'Italia earlier in June and would have led the EF Pro Cycling team in the Tour, which starts on July 5.
"We're all gutted for Richard," said Jonathan Vaughters, the EF chief. "He came out of the Giro with amazing form.
"He sacrificed a lot to get to that level, so the timing really couldn't be worse. We know how much the Tour means to him, so to lose him this close to the race is a real blow."
Carapaz, the 2020 Olympic champion and 2019 Giro winner, won the climbing and combativity prizes in last year's Tour de France.
The team said that the 32-year-old "will take a few weeks off to let his body fully recover" and then shift his focus to the least prestigious of the Grand Tours starting on August 23.
"His goal? Win the Vuelta a Espana," said the team.
H.Silva--PC