-
Russians, Belarusians allowed to compete under own flags at 2026 Paralympics: IPC tells AFP
-
Ukrainian wife battles blackouts to keep terminally ill husband alive
-
Pollock handed first England start for Ireland visit
-
Oil prices fall back as 'hopeful' Tehran responds to Trump
-
Arteta welcomes Madueke and Saka's competition for places
-
France and India hail growing ties as Modi hosts Macron
-
Warner Bros. says reopening talks with Paramount on its buyout offer
-
Slalom showdown Shiffrin's last chance for Milan-Cortina medal
-
Protesters march in Kosovo, as ex-president's war crimes trial nears end
-
No pressure on India opener Abhishek after two ducks, says coach
-
Sakamoto eyes figure skating gold in Olympic farewell
-
Pereira 'trusts' Forest owner Marinakis despite three sackings this season
-
AI 'arms race' risks human extinction, warns top computing expert
-
Israeli bobsleigher dismisses Olympics 'diatribe' by Swiss TV commentator
-
Supreme leader says Iran can sink US warship as Geneva talks conclude
-
Australia, Ireland out of T20 World Cup as Zimbabwe qualify after washout
-
Greece experts to examine Nazi atrocity photos find
-
Los Angeles mayor calls for 2028 Olympics chairman to step down over Epstein files
-
Evenepoel takes UAE Tour lead with time-trial win
-
Oil prices rise as Trump ramps up Iran threats
-
EU investigates Shein over sale of childlike sex dolls
-
Bangladesh's new PM, political heir Tarique Rahman
-
Rain threatens to knock Australia out of T20 World Cup
-
US civil rights leader Jesse Jackson dies at 84: family
-
Trump's new envoy arrives in South Africa with relations frayed
-
Jesse Jackson: civil rights lion sought 'common ground'
-
Iran, United States hold new talks in Geneva
-
Tariq confident Pakistan can bounce back after India drubbing
-
Being back in the USA 'feels amazing', says Vonn
-
New Zealand cruise into Super Eights at T20 World Cup
-
Moscow, Kyiv meet for US-brokered talks after fresh attacks
-
Exhilarating Italy aim to sign off with giant-killing at T20 World Cup
-
Samra hits 110 for Canada against New Zealand at T20 World Cup
-
'Made in Europe' or 'Made with Europe'? Buy European push splits bloc
-
Slovakia revamps bunkers with Ukraine war uncomfortably close
-
Sydney man jailed for mailing reptiles in popcorn bags
-
'Like a Virgin' songwriter Billy Steinberg dies at 75
-
Who fills Sexton vacuum? Irish fly-half debate no closer to resolution
-
Japan hails 'new chapter' with first Olympic pairs skating gold
-
Russian prosthetics workshops fill up with wounded soldiers
-
'Not just props that eat': Extras seek recognition at their own 'Oscars'
-
Bangladesh PM-to-be Tarique Rahman and lawmakers sworn into parliament
-
At least 14 killed in spate of attacks in northwest Pakistan
-
Peru Congress to debate impeachment of interim president
-
Bleak future for West Bank pupils as budget cuts bite
-
Oil in spotlight as Trump's Iran warning rattles sleepy markets
-
Why are more under-50s getting colorectal cancer? 'We don't know'
-
Moscow, Kyiv set for Geneva peace talks amid Russian attacks
-
Iran, United States set for new talks in Geneva
-
China has slashed air pollution, but the 'war' isn't over
Sinner unfazed by French Open collapse as he prepares for Alcaraz rematch
Jannik Sinner played down the impact of his painful defeat against Carlos Alcaraz in the French Open final as he prepares for a rematch at Wimbledon on Sunday.
The world number one crushed seven-time champion Novak Djokovic 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 in under two hours on Friday to set up a title showdown against the Spanish two-time defending champion.
Alcaraz had earlier dispatched US fifth seed Taylor Swift in four sets on Centre Court.
Just weeks ago at Roland Garros, Alcaraz came back from two sets down against Sinner, saving three match points to win a fifth Grand Slam.
But Italy's Sinner, 23, played down the lingering impact of that loss in the aftermath of Friday's semi-final win against Djokovic.
"I think if it would be a lot in my head, I would not be in the situation to play a final again, I guess," he said.
"I'm very happy to share once again the court with Carlos. It's going to be difficult, I know that.
"But I'm looking forward to it. I try always to put myself in these kind of situations that I really love. Sundays at every tournament are very special."
The top seed said he would not be able to fully assess the lasting impact of his loss at Roland Garros until he stepped onto the court for his first Wimbledon final.
"I think it's something what you feel before the match and also during the match," he said. "I can give you answers after.
"But no, it's different. Different match. I'm looking forward to it."
Sinner, who has won three majors, said Alcaraz was the favourite to win a third straight title at the All England Club.
- Alcaraz on top -
The Spaniard has the edge, winning eight of their 12 matches, including the past five.
"He won here two times in a row," said Sinner. "He's again in the final. It's very tough to beat him on grass, but I like these challenges.
"I like to go head-to-head and trying to see what I can do and what I can reach."
Sinner, who has shared the past six Grand Slam titles with Alcaraz, said it was too soon to compare their dominance with the era of the "Big Three" -- Djokovic, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.
"You cannot compare what the big three did for 15-plus years. Six Grand Slams are one-and-a-half years. It's not that big yet.
"Of course, we find ourself, again, in this position. This is the second consecutive Grand Slam that we are in the final and playing each other, which is great from my side.
"I believe it's good for the sport. The more rivalries we have from now on, the better it is, because people want to see young players going against each other.
"I'm happy to be in that position, but let's see in the future. If we can make that happen for the next three, four years, then people can think about. Let's see."
A.Aguiar--PC